Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A sickly Halloween






Well our Halloween morning started at 2am with a sick Mala, fever and vomiting (just once thank goodness). All day on Halloween Mala felt pretty bad and was running a fever. She spent the whole day sleeping or watching T.V. and eating little pieces of toast. I had a hard time deciding what to do because clearly she didn't feel good but she still asked if we were going to trick or treating with Chloe and Katie. Well I dosed her up with motrin and we headed to Concord, on the way there I regretted my decision, but we got there and Miss Mala rallied! She got excited when Chloe and Katie arrived in their costumes. She wouldn't however wear her lady bug costume with warm clothes underneath so we made a last minute decision to switch to Sleeping Beauty, which made her perfectly happy.
She managed to walk my parents street and be carried up another and was satisfied with this so we headed home and passed out candy for the rest of the evening. She was not her usual self, but she definitely enjoyed the night.
Meanwhile due to the bad timing of her illness I missed my first day of orientation which come to find out if you miss the first day they won't let you come to the rest of orientation (ridiculous). So my work has been set back 2 weeks. BUT...I'm looking at the positives, 2 more weeks of spending time with my Mala and 2 less weeks of working an 8 hour day while pregnant.

No comments: