Friday, June 1, 2012

May is over already?

Mala reading Green Eggs and Ham to her little sis.

 Meena Moose
 guess what Meena's doing...
 feeling good now!
 a happy place for Meena at the beach

 bathing beauty




one of our excellent helpers, Chloe...sadly didn't get a pic of Katie

Gosh it feels like we've been so busy.  Last weekend we went to the beach for Memorial day with the Townsends.  We were lucky enough to fly with dad because riding in a car with Meena is still less than desirable.  We discovered that Meena loves the beach house and loves the porch swing.  She was so happy all weekend and spent most of the time out on the porches enjoying the sea breeze blowing through her little wisps of hair :)
Mala of course had a blast playing with her cousins Chloe and Katie and spent a ton of time on the beach playing in the sand and walking her dog (a boogie board).
When we got back Meena had her 2 month appointment where we learned she was a little Moose!  She weighed 12lbs 2oz, 85-90th percentile, and length 24in, 90th percentile.  I'm still shocked that she is so big because she is pretty much exclusively breastfed now.  I never would have thought I would be able to feed such a chunk.
Then on Wednesday I started back to work.  It was hard and I cried on my 5min drive to the hosptial, but I survived.  That night Meena slept her first 8hr stretch which was great because I went to bed immediately after she did.
Thursday after work Mala had her dress rehearsal for her dance recital.  Imagine maybe 40 little girls in dance costumes busting with excitement running around like crazy.  Chaos.  Meena was not a big fan either.
Then today Anil left for Scotland and we won't be seeing him until we get there on the 12th.

Did I mention I hate pumping at work?  Instead of enjoying some nice adult conversation during my morning break and lunch break I sit in a little room by myself hooked up to my pump like a cow.  Awesome.  I just hope that I can keep my milk supply up enough after working so hard for 8 weeks to finally be able to keep this little girl full.

No comments: