Friday, June 29, 2012

 Mala did a lot of the sign, I drew dot letters and she traced most of them with paint.
 riding the bus downtown
 the bean!

 really cool fountain, with semi creepy faces that spit at you.

 hanging with Aunt Steph
 Hancock building

 The Michigan Ocean!



 really awesome playground down the street from Steph's place



 My favorite part of the aquarium, the Beluga whales
 Mala's favorite part of the aquarium, the "be a penguin" exhibit.

 resting...ha.


 Hey Mark!


Kumi got home last Saturday, we welcomed him with our home made sign and a cookie cake.  We spent Sunday trying to decide what to do with our week since he had the week off.  We finally found some cheap tickets to Chicago so headed to the great Midwest for the week!
We had an awesome time, hanging out with Steph and Michael.  Dinner with Michael’s brother’s family and meeting Steph and Michael’s new little nephew.  We got to see the Hancock building, Navy Pier, and the aquarium.  We had such a great.

On another note...the cloud of colic has left us.  Hooray!  Poor little Meena, I’d given her a bad rep.  Labeled her “my high maintenance little woman.”  Come to find out she’s not high maintenance, she just had a tummy ache.  She is such a happy little girl now.  She loves her swing and laying on her playmat.  She’s gotten so much better at naps and now that we’ve started sleep training she goes to bed at a decent hour without too much fuss.  (Knock on wood, I know I’m breaking the golden rule by bragging).  I’m just so happy that she is so much happier!  She has really turned into a good little baby.  She still loves to nurse though...a lot, that hasn’t changed.  Nursing is still her source of comfort.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We loved having you guys!!! So glad the trip worked out.