Sunday, March 11, 2012

A very girly weekend

A little baby shower at the Melting Pot
matching outfits for my girls
Does anything really need to be said about a pot of warm chocolate for an 8 month pregnant lady?
From a rockin auntie
Just discovered, while disassembling this diaper cake that there was a bottle of wine in the middle of it. What a perfect surprise!
The only pic I will be showing of the very successful wedding dress shopping adventure we had!!! And no, the dress is not featured anywhere in this pic.
not part of last weekend, but had to add a little pic of Mala's first swim lesson.

So last weekend was fantastic, Steph and Michael were in town, my dear friend Jill rolled down from Vermont to visit. We spent the whole time doing very girly things such as looking at wedding invitations at Paper Source, getting mani/pedis, wedding dress shopping, and a shower at the Melting Pot. Let me just tell you, a chocolate party at the Melting Pot is a pregnant girl's dream come true!
I was so excited to have this time to just be a girl before being thrown into a diaper changing, milk producing, sleep deprived basket case! Much thanks to Michael who got to spend a lot of quality time with Mala :)

The week following this awesome weekend unfortunately was a bit of a bummer, work was exhausting and pretty much painful now that i am big and swollen. On top of that I got rejected from the two jobs I'd interviewed for. By the time Thursday rolled around my spirit was a bit broken and I threw in the towel. I told my boss I couldn't do 4 days next week so I dropped back to 2 days.
After I got through Friday I was feeling much better about life! I can't wait to have a few extra quality days with my first born next week.
Mala's swim lesson yesterday left much to be desired. I did not attend, Anil took her, but it seems the teachers are ladies that lack experience with young kids and lack authority..."do you want to get in the pool now without your backpack float on?" Heck no she doesn't want to do that, that is why we are here so you will force her to. She spent the 2nd half of the class sitting on the wall watching the other kids get in without their backpack floats. It was only the first class, but it appears that no one will be forcing Mala out of her comfort zone (which is what I was hoping for cause I don't want to be the one to do it).

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Truly was a great weekend! I loved it. xxx