Ah pregnancy. I recall saying that I don't like being pregnant back when I was pregnant with Mala. I remember saying I was "over" the whole pregnancy thing, that maybe I would just have one because I just don't enjoy being pregnant. I'm pretty lucky and really shouldn't be complaining...I don't have the whole vomiting thing. But here is my list of complaints, because why not:
I don't sleep well, awaking multiple times a night, trouble falling back asleep.
While the nausea, I think has mostly subsided, I just don't feel normal.
I can't hardly drink coffee, which I know is probably a good thing, but I love coffee. It's my morning ritual and I am grieving the loss of a very important morning pleasure.
Food just doesn't taste good. I'm hungry but I don't want anything, except cookies maybe.
My boobs hurt.
The bowels have slowed to a very inconvenient pace (sorry to be crude).
I miss alcohol. I don't want to consume lots of it, I'm not looking for a buzz, just the taste. I can smell wine from a mile away and the sight of a cold beer makes me salivate.
Finally, I'm cranky and emotional. Not the angry, yelling type emotional, the tearing up at stupid commercials type emotional. And the crankiness...I have to force patience with my sweet almost 3 year old. Even the dog drives me crazy, following me around, putting her wet nose on me, staring at me constantly. What does she want?
Ok I'm done. After the year we have had I am very thankful to be pregnant and I can't wait to meet this little person. I just wish it wasn't such a bummer and didn't last so long. Is it true that elephants are pregnant for 2 years? My gosh, word to my fellow mammals.
On another note I just finished watching Pride and Prejudice for the 50 millionth time. Of course due to the previously mentioned emotional state, this movie can still bring me to tears.
Matthew Macfadyen you can call me Mrs. Darcy any day of the week.
1 comment:
Oh Mr. Darcy - how I love you. There is a commercial on TV that uses the same piano music (I'm sure it is a famous composition but I wouldn't know). Anywho any time it comes on I want to watch pride and prejudice.
Post a Comment