Had a great time with Suni uncle, Leah auntie, and Hana. Mala and Hana love playing with each other.
Well on Friday Meena will be 4 weeks. What have we learned...she is an eater. In a major way. It kinda makes me wonder. After nursing she eats 2-3 more oz and I know I'm making approx 2 oz per feeding because that's how much I can pump.
What else have we learned, she likes to be held and snuggled. She is a little bit partial to her mama too, I'm not sure why, maybe because I'm the milk machine, maybe because she lived in my belly for 9 months. But she knows when it's me holding her. She's happiest when she's in someone's arms and when she is awake that is exactly where she wants to be, not the bouncy seat, not the play mat, not the swing.
While she will take a bottle just fine, when she is fussy breastfeeding is what calms her down, even when she's not hungry, if she can nurse for a little while it will calm her right down. It's her happy place.
Mala is still doing really well with all of this, of course we have had to get back on track with discipline. That has been an uphill climb due to the fact that my disciplining has been pretty weak because of my guilt of turning her world upside down. But we are getting there.
So to sum up, Meena lives in my arms, I am learning to function like this, Mala is learning to deal with this fact :)
1 comment:
LOVE the passport photo, too cute!! Hope it comes in time!
Post a Comment