Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whoa 2012

Papaw Townsend with his great-grandkids


Papaw Townsend with his grandkids
Look at that lovely bunch!
Mo-Trout Christmas party, little ones winding down a bit.
Mo-Trout hot mamas
An attempt at getting a Mo Trout little kid pic. Fat chance
The Mo-Trout group, minus the Boo's, Nana's, Gigi's and such...

Well the holidays are over…in some ways I was sad to see them go, but I’m glad life is getting back to normal. Poor Mala did not want to let go of Christmas. She still wanted to listen to Christmas music, she did not want the tree to come down, and she still asks when Santa is coming again. We slowly let go of Christmas, I ended up downloading some Christmas music since we couldn’t get it on the radio post -Christmas. And we decided why not just move on into Valentine’s Day, I mean target has! So we turned her little Christmas tree into a Valentine tree. Sometimes to let go of one holiday you have to have another one to look forward to, at least when you are 3.

I’m busy this week being working, single mom :) Anil has headed to Chapel Hill for a rotation so Mala and I are on our own til next Wednesday when Ammamma is coming to stay with us for a couple of weeks. To adapt my schedule to this I’m working 9-5, which is good and bad. Also, I’ve cut back to 4 days a week which is very good! I had the day off yesterday and Mala and I had a fantastic day…dance class, Chipotle for lunch with friends, then park with friends, then she took a long afternoon nap and we finished the day off with her current favorite movie Rio. Not bad for a Tuesday. Speaking of Rio, Mala is obsessed, she insists on being called Jewel, the bird from the movie (even at school, she wants her friends and teachers to call her Jewel, oh dear). We downloaded the soundtrack which is really good actually and our evenings are filled with dancing and flapping our wings.

I’m doing pretty good, slowing down a bit. Other than my growing belly that makes mobility a little bit more difficult, this little girl seems to be sitting on my spine. I’m hoping she will find a new position soon, haha.


Looking forward to this weekend!! Celebrating Papaw Townsend's 90th Birthday. Steph and Michael are back in town and a super special guest from across the pond...one of my mom's best friend and my namesake Jo Vooght! Will be a fun weekend indeed, just have to get through Thurs. and Fri!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Christmas was very fun this year so like Mala I always hate to let it go. Makes January and February long! So glad we pulled off a fun Mo-Trout once again. Take care of you. Love and hope to see you soon.

Suzanne said...

Not anonymous..It was Suz

Norma said...

Thanks for the update. Loved the pics you chose. Looking forward to seeing this little girl who is already a pain. Love you