We have had a fabulous weekend. Friday night was nice and mellow, Steph and Michael stayed the night with us and we stayed in with a movie. Saturday my grandpa had a wonderful wonderful 90th Birthday party thrown by my mom and her siblings complete with barbecue, photo albums, a slide show, and grandpa serenading us upon request with Red Red Robin. A Roy Townsend classic. Today we were sad to see Steph and Michael head back to D.C., but shortly after they headed out we went to Uncle Butch and Aunt Beth's for a super yummy brunch and to keep the party going with family and squeezing in a little extra QT with Joanna Vooght.
I'm pretty sure the highlight of my weekend though....was when mom showed me her text message from Steph with a picture of Steph's left hand with a beautiful ring on her finger!!!
I am overjoyed to say that Steph and Michael got engaged on their way back up to Virginia. We were all so excited, I think mom and I were giddy. So excited Michael is going to be an official member of our family (even though we'd already claimed him as ours, ring or no ring).
Our weekend ended with taking Mala to her first movie in the theater, Beauty and the Beast in 3D. She did great and really enjoyed it. Of course you can't have a super exciting, fun weekend without a few temper tantrums. Life can't be perfect :)
2 comments:
It was a great weekend wasn't it? Is that her new favorite movie. Do we have Beauty music now. Can't wait to hear about it. Yeah for Steff and Michael!!
It really was a wonderful weekend! So glad I got to spend it with all of you.
Post a Comment