Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Birthday sweet girl

Dear Mala,
   It was four years ago on this day, the beginning of autumn in New England that I was walking the roads of our little neighborhood in Brookline trying to get you to make your way out into this world.  You were a perfectly sweet little peanut of a baby weighing 6lbs 10oz.
You quickly became a chubby, happy, mellow little baby that enjoyed being passed around by all of your Boston aunts and uncles that we made our family.
As you grew we started to see what a little firecracker you were.  Frustration when you couldn't get a toy to do what you wanted or a shoe wouldn't buckle.  Fits when you didn't get your way...and this was way before you even turned 2.
By two you had all the words to various Tom T. Hall songs memorized and you amazed us by how quickly you could learn songs off the radio.
You loved to sing and would always start your mornings singing in your bed.  We loved laying in bed listening to you sing your little songs.
Your imagination was in full swing by 3 and you have just been getting more and more creative with every passing day.  You enjoy your room time and never complain, I think because you love to have that time alone just you and your toys.  I sit and listen to the conversations you have with your dolls.  Or sometimes I walk in to find you in an old Halloween costume.
You are still my little firecracker and can be quite dramatic when you see fit.  You are extremely busy and already show a passion for learning, wanting to trace letters and review your little alphabet flashcards.
I love how much you love me, randomly coming up to me and giving me kisses and telling me how much you love me.
Your daddy started the habit of laying with you for a few minutes at night, but I find I'm the one that lays with you mostly and I've realized it's one of my favorite times of the day, snuggling with you and talking about your day.
I'm so happy to have you in my life.  I wish I could remember every minute of your childhood and every funny little thing you say.  Four fabulous years sweet girl.
Love,
your mama


5 comments:

norma morris said...

How can it be four years. I remember it so well cause I was walking the streets with you. What an exciting time. Our first grandchild. What a sweet girl she has turned out to be. All my love

Stephanie said...

Happy happy birthday Miss Mala. Your Uncle Michael and I love you very much!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday sweet Mala! I remember that day very well myself four years ago.

Suzanne said...

Duh that last comment was from Suz. Don't know why I hit anonymous:)

Courtney said...

So so sweet Jo! I find myself wishing Harper would stay so small but reading your letter makes it okay for her to grow up... not too fast though!