Tuesday, July 31, 2012

a little beach trip

 Enjoying some shaved ice

 The dessert we ate in honor of Steph taking her Illinois Bar!



 Meena is absolutely in love with her big sis.

 The car ride home...ugh.  Holding Mala's hand, feeding Meena, sharing the middle seat with Amelia, not sure if this pic was taken before or after the A/C went out.
 Meena's exciting new trick!!
 buddies watching Curious George



Last week we took a nice little beach trip Monday through Thursday, just the girls…mom, the babies, and me.  We had a really great time, although not exactly relaxing :)
Meena still loves being at the beach house, it seems to really relax her.  She loves being out on the porch and swinging on the porch swing.  We had lots of good beach time and lots of nice time at Janet’s pool (shout out, we love Janet’s pool, it makes us all very happy).  Mala had a truly awesome time I think, she’s getting so much happier in water, swimming all around with her little life jacket.  She loves being at the beach too, I have to drag her home and use some bribery.  We made a pretty awesome drizzle castle while we were down there.
Meena unfortunately didn’t sleep very well while we were there; she seems to be very effected by changes in her life such as her bedding.  Also, the last night we were there, she discovered something amazing…her feet.  I was changing her diaper at 1am and all of the sudden she grabbed her feet.  I could see the surprise on her face as she grabbed onto these brand new built in toys.  Needless to say, after this discovery she had a terrible time sleeping, she just wanted to play.
The night time sleeping has recently improved greatly.  I won’t say too much so that I don’t jinx myself.  I’ll just say, I’ve started getting the most sleep I’ve gotten since I was about 5 months pregnant.  We’ll see how we continue.
I had my last day in the O.R. today, I'll start my new job next Tuesday...but before all that gets going we have a fun weekend in Gatlinburg, TN with Anil's family!  

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Love the pictures! Also love the dessert you ate in my honor. Wish I could have shared it with you ladies.