Well I had to go and do it didn't I...I bragged about my sweet little munchkin. And where did this bragging land me?? In a hot mess of no naps, fighting bottles, and throwing in the towel on sleep training. Meena will teach me to brag about her!
After about 10 days of Ferberizing (if you don't know, google Ferber sleep method), things seemed to be going along quite swimmingly. I'd lay the little girl down after nursing, in a drowsy, semi awake state, she would fuss. At its worse it was 25 min of fussing.
Not now, I lay her down and there is no winding up or winding down, it is 0 to 60, screaming for however long I decide I can stand it...which isn't very long. It's the same for naps, screaming. So she naps in the swing and at bedtime I nurse her til she's sound asleep. If she could talk I think she'd tell us to take our sleep training and shove it. I can only imagine the profanity she would use if she had the language abilities, she gets mad as a little hen when I lay her down before she's ready.
Don't get me wrong, she's not a grumpy little baby. She has the sweetest little smiles that she flashes constantly. Her whole face lights up with her gummy little mouth in a big grin. She coos and talks and is already ticklish. But she will decide when she goes to sleep and she will only do it when she is good and ready. The little woman knows what she wants.
Maybe we will try to Ferber her in another month...and maybe then I won't go bragging about it.
Ha.
2 comments:
it'll get you every time. Don't worry about that little girl. You turned out pretty good with minimum sleep.
I need new pictures!!!!
Post a Comment