Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Working mom

Well I got a job! Nope not a Nurse Practitioner job, but the whole new career thing might be a little much considering I'm 4 months pregnant. I am going to be working in the Day Surgery O.R. at CMC. This is a good thing because day surgery is closed nights, weekends, and holidays...Hallelujah! I start hospital orientation next Monday then get started in the O.R. the following Monday. I'm a little nervous, not about the work, but about leaving my baby girl. I know there are so many working moms and I know I enjoy working, just feeling a little worried about it. The most I've worked since I had her was 4 days a week and she definitely felt that. We will just adjust I suppose.
The great thing is she gets to stay with her awesome Gigi 2 days a week, which will thrill her! On days she doesn't stay with Gigi she goes to daycare which is about 5 min from our house (the hospital is 1/2 way between our house and her daycare) so i'm not losing a lot of time commuting. I'll be done at 3:30 and we can actually still have time to play before dinner time.
I unfortunately will be exhausted, I already know, I haven't been getting up that early in the morning since Mala was about 3 months old. Oh well, i may just go to bed right after she does :)
Anyway, if any working moms have advice or want to give me a pep talk concerning my separation anxiety it would be greatly appreciated. Our life seems to be getting crazier and settling down all at once.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You're a great mom and I don't think you need much advice. So proud of you landing a job...paychecks are good:)