Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fireball

Well Miss Mala flip flops between phases of being a little angel, mostly cooperative, eager to please AND a little fireball, difficult, frustrated, moody. It's hard to know how the day is going to pan out, until the first tantrum occurs, then you basically know that it's going to be a fireball day. Couple weeks ago I recall talking on the phone with my mom, "Mala has been so good lately, so cooperative, so sweet, so easy. I really think we've worked out all the kinks." Anil and I were patting ourselves on the back, we are the perfect parents we told each other. Ha, well my one fatal mistake, allowing myself to think my sweet little girl was actually not just in a phase, but permanently good. What a fool. Yesterday was a fireball day, in fact this little monkey has been a bit of a fireball for about a week. Whiny, cranky, tantrums, melting down over the most trivial things. Ah, yesterday was a long day, tantrum after tantrum, until she was so exhausted she fell asleep on the couch at 6pm. For other parents out there, you know that falling asleep at 6pm is not pleasing. She didn't pee at her usual 7:30, was she going to wake at 5? A variety of worries. Well I'll just say it all ended up working out ok and the kid got some well needed sleep. We shall see how today unfolds, it's pretty early to tell, but we haven't had any meltdowns yet.

I do have millions of photos I could post because I haven't posted any since May!! I'll get to it sooner or later :)

1 comment:

norma morris said...

never brag about the good times. it just makes them go away. believe me--I know this to be true.