2nd day walking to school, that already feels like a lifetime ago.
My first day of work, Anil and I commute together
Lunch break beach time
Well it felt like a really long week. Mala completed her first two days of school and did her practice runs riding the bus to the daycare without a hitch! Unfortunately I spent my last day prior to starting my job flea-fogging the house and taking Amelia to the vet. Fun times. Wednesday rolled around and we were all up pretty early at the Kumar household to get everybody moving. Anil and I dropped both girls at their respective places and then the two of us headed to work together. Everything went surprisingly smoothly, other than my puffy eyes (due to having a minor panic attack the night before regarding swinging back into the workforce) and I ended up likely stressing myself out so much about this week that I got a cold. I never get sick! Argh! But, like I said, everyone handled this week well for the most part.
Mala seems to really enjoy school, she's making friends. She is frustrated because she says she never has time to finish her lunch, poor thing is a slow eater like her mama.
The daycare/afterschool care seems to be working out well, the teachers there are super nice and love our girls. The teachers told us that the first day, Meena was just waking from her nap when Mala got to the school for the afternoon so Mala sat down beside Meena's sleeping pad and rubbed her back while she woke up. I love hearing little stories like that.
I really think I'm going to love the clinic! It seems like such a supportive environment. Everyone gets along very well. Between the dental side and the medical side of the clinic, Anil and I make the 5th married couple within the practice. I like this about the place, it gives it a family feel. I also really like that Anil and I get to drive together and eat lunch together. We are totaling in at 6hrs of time together per week without our kids climbing all over us and interrupting our conversation...I'd say this is the most time we've spent together in years and it brightens my day to have him there. All in all we are doing pretty good. A little tired this weekend, but doing good. Meena is a little clingy since I started back, but what can I say? I'm also a little clingy to my girls since I've started back.
I will forever look back on my summer with my girls fondly. It started out a little tough when we got here and didn't know anyone and Mala was bored. But we figured out a routine, made some great friends, and had a ton of fun. I loved that we were never stressed and we never had to hurry, we just took our time doing everything with no deadlines. I got so much time to do fun things with these little ladies, like story time at the library and swim lessons. We are starting our next chapter, it's going to be a big year :)
1 comment:
I love that you're enjoying the clinic and spending so much quality time with Anil after such a fun summer with the girls! So happy for you Jo!!
Post a Comment