Mala offered to read Meena a book, Meena decided she would plop down in Mala's lap to hear her story.
picking out the perfect pumpkin
nibbling on the pumpkins
my perfect chicken pot pie that I'm so proud of.
when you are 5 and obsessed with all things magical and mystical, it doesn't get much better than the Renaissance Festival. Mala had an awesome time and was completely spoiled by us and our friends Andi and David that joined us...face painting, hair braiding, a maze, fairies, princesses, a petting zoo, is there really anything else in life you need?
Papa's helper
new bike!
Gigi's girls
is this really happening in Gigi's beach house, chocolate popsicles on the carpet??
a cool beach day
such a nice restful weekend at the beach with fantastic weather and a sandy playground. The Kumars were in desperate need of a beach weekend.
Conversation with an inquisitive little mind:
Mala: How do movies get on dvds?
Me: That's a question for your dad
Mala: That's an interesting question huh?
Me: Yes it is
Mala: I know everything but sometimes there are things I don't know.
I think DVDs get movies by batteries but I don't see a place on the Dvd to put a battery
Hmm
Future careers
Mala: I want to be a nurse but not the kind that digs out blood
Do you have to dig out blood if you are a nurse?
Me: No I mostly just talk to people
Mala: Well when i get older like 9, can I come go to your office so you can teach me how to be a nurse?
Me: Well you have to go to nursing school to be a nurse that's when your much older like 20.
Mala: Boy that's a long time ago, I mean a long time away.
Meena's vocab has been exploding and she has become a little chatterbox, saying what she needs to say in her one word sentences. Everything she says she does so with passion. Angry "no". Excited "yea!"
some others:
papi-for paci
bebe-for blankie
me-milk
she typically tries to copy everything we say. We love hearing her little voice as she works to get her point across.
No comments:
Post a Comment