I loathe kid's music, it is just plain obnoxious. About the only cd's I can handle listening to in the car are Tom T. Hall and one particular Wiggles cd (not their typical stuff, more folky Australian music for the most part). BUT, we have been listening to those same cd's for at least 4 years now...there is only so many times you can hear Sneaky Snake. So I always try to find music on my ipod that Mala will enjoy. In the car one day I found a lone Beatles' cd and popped it in. Mala loved it. Over a matter of days she had picked up most of the lyrics on just about all of the songs. I ended up making her a playlist of songs she would enjoy from 3 different Beatles' albums I had, she has become a huge Beatles fan. She wants to know all about the Beatles now. "Are they real people?" Are they boys?" "Are they married?" "What are their names?"
I ended up having to look them up on Wiki to answer all of her millions of questions because beyond their names and some basic info I did not know all the answers. Now when we get in the car she asks to listen to the Beatles. Her favorites are Love Me Do, Hello Goodbye, and Yellow Submarine. It's pretty cute to hear her singing all the songs with such zeal! Finally some music we can all enjoy :)
3 comments:
I love it! That girl's got good taste!
I love it! That girl's got good taste!
Sorry. Meena and I still like six little ducks and baa baa black sheep
Post a Comment