The girls are so much fun right now, such unique little ladies.
Meena is an absolute hoot! She loves books and wants to sit in your lap and hear book after book after book. Some of her favorites: Baby Happy Baby Sad, Airplanes, Brown Bear (favorite page is the black sheep, you then must stop reading to sing Ba Ba Black Sheep). She is great at following simple directions, like "take the remote to daddy". She likes to applaud herself after completing her simple tasks and expects nothing less than an applaud from you. She likes to stick her diapers in the diaper pail after we change her, and of course needs applause for doing this. She will stick a bag over her arm and walk around the house telling us bye bye and blowing kisses. She throws little tantrums that make me laugh because they aren't the awful 2 year old ones that are headed our way I'm sure. These are a very short lived shriek and flop on the floor, then she's over it. She is becoming so independent, not wanting to hold my hand anymore, whereas before she would hold her little hand out to me to take so she could lead me everywhere she wanted to go. When I say "Meena come here" she gets a naughty little grin on her face and runs away from me. She is so soft and squishy I love hugging her and snuggling for as long as she will let me, then she's off on another adventure.
Mala has been such a little sweetheart lately. I would say since we have been living in the new place she has been quite content with life. This new house obviously agrees with her. Probably because her room is no longer completely taken over by her sister anymore...Mala enjoys having time to herself in her room. Also we spend more time outside because our yard is so much more usable. She loves to swing and has become quite the little dare devil on the swing, which is huge because she use to only let me push her until she was barely moving (always scared of going to high). She loves school and has been going on tons of field trips. She is my little helper and loves to help me with any little chores she can after Meena goes to bed...she's a really great help actually. She is so loving, loves to hug, kiss, and tell me she loves me. She is extremely clever and I wish I wrote down every little thing that comes out of her mouth because she keeps Anil and I laughing daily. Not necessarily trying to be funny, usually we laugh at how she articulates everything and expresses herself. We have started very basic reading lessons of 3 letter words. She's learning to tie her shoes. Anil has been working with her a lot in tennis and basketball. She has been so well behaved lately and so eager to please it's amazing sometimes to see how far we have come in a year.
Anil and I are excited about our weekend away to a wedding in California coming up this weekend. Then a week off with Anil's mom in town to relax and at least have 3 adults to 2 kids...surely that will make it easier. Because let me tell you as much joy as these girls bring me they sure do wear me out. We are go go go from the time we get up in the morning til the time they are sleeping in their beds. Thankfully they go to bed at a decent time!
2 comments:
Great Post!
Saw Malas shoe tying today. I was impressed. What a sweetie. And my little m. What can I say? I just read until I'm hoarse. I love it and so does she.
Post a Comment