When I was in 10th grade, my world history
teacher used to say “My cup runneth over!” whenever, as a class, we were
particularly well behaved or could recall some random fact about
Indonesia. At the time I thought she was
eccentric…a little crazy if you will, but this phrase is what comes to mind for
me these days. My girls are now sharing
a room so at night before I go to bed, I quietly sneak into their room to take
a little peak at them. Mala is sprawled out
flat on her back with arms and legs all over the place, the blankets destroyed
just like her daddy sleeps. Meena is in
typical baby sleep position in her crib, on her belly, feet tucked under her,
little bottom in the air, and all I can think is…”my cup runneth over.” These sweet girls bring me so much happiness
these days.
Don’t get me wrong, we are not in any way perfect. There is always something to bicker about with
Kumi. Mala drives me absolutely crazy
with her stubbornness (particularly regarding clothing), Meena wakes up too
early and is getting into everything (has pulled just about everything down on
top of herself except our Christmas tree).
But I will just say…my family is in a good place right now. I am so grateful for my parent’s health, Anil’s
parents’ health, my girls are happy little girls, my sister is marrying (in
less than a month!) a fabulous person whom we refer to as Uncle Michael. We have a lot to be thankful for this
Christmas.
Some fun things Mala and I have done this year:
Made Christmas tree cookies
Made a gingerbread house
Visited Santa
Seen the Nutcracker
Seen the (free!) lights in Carolando neighborhood
Seen the singing bears in Founder’s Hall
What Meena has done this month:
Learned to Crawl
Started pulling up on everything, sometimes on things
that end up on top of her and she ends up flat on her back
Started cruising
Started saying “Mama”, although it is not necessarily
directed at me…it is exciting because she used to just day “dada” and “baba”

Checking out the singing bears after the Nutcracker
Cuddles with Papaw Townsend
Our cookies
Mala's gingerbread houseafter visiting Santa



1 comment:
Love the post. Your comments made me teary. There are also some pictures I had not seen. Love you all and Merry Christmas. Can't wait to celebrate with you.
Post a Comment