What's going on with my girls these days...
Meena:
She has 3 teeth, 2 sweet little pearly whites on the bottom that she juts out in a toothy little grin and one on the top that just poked out.
She wallows and wiggles all over the place. I swear the child is incapable of sitting still. The days are gone of sitting her in one place and finding her there when you turn back around. She wiggles herself all over the carpet in the playroom and often ends up stuck in some strange place like wedged between the kiddie chair and table.
She's not crawling yet, but she gets up on her little haunches and thinks about it a lot. She wants to crawl so bad she just hasn't figured out how yet.
She still loves to pat, she will pat anything in reach, my hand, her leg, toys.
She's just learned to clap. She likes to clap while her Gigi sings pat-a-cake.
She has decided she doesn't care much for baby food. I can usually get her to eat oatmeal cereal and applesauce in the morning but by the afternoon and evening she wants what we are eating. We try to make sure we always have at least one thing that is Meena friendly for her to share.
She does this funny little thing where she shakes her head like she's saying no. Usually she grins while she does it and she will do it back and forth with you if you start shaking your head.
She's basically weaned. I haven't nursed her since 2 nights ago. My
boobs are going through the extremely uncomfortable pains of weaning but
other than that we all seem to be doing pretty good with it.
who's that?
Mala:
She's loving school, she is constantly singing songs and making sure we sing along with her.
She loves to pretend she is Ms. Megan her teacher, she likes to review the classroom rules with us, in which we have to participate.
She loves to work on her homework, yep everyday she has a few sheets of homework, drawing letters and numbers and such.
She loves Friday show and tell which corresponds to the letter they are learning each week, this week is the letter D so she's taking her dog Cleara (she named the dog, I'm not really sure how we spell it).
Her best friend is Breana and when they get together they dress up like princesses and go to Balls. When I say dress up I mean dress up...we are talking dresses, tiaras, necklaces, gloves, and wands.
She is still sassy...we have to keep the sass reigned in pretty regularly with time out or the sass would take over.
It drives her crazy when I finish her sentences. This is something I have to work on because sometimes it takes a little while for the words she wants to say to make it from the brain to the mouth and instead of just waiting I jump in and say what I know she is trying to say. Let me tell you, this pisses her off.
She is getting tall. It seems like everyday we find another pair of pants that is too short.
She is already getting very excited about Christmas. Last year she absolutely fell in love with Christmas. Not necessarily Christmas day but the season...the music, the decorations, the cookie making and such.
notice her "penguin feet"
No comments:
Post a Comment