She's adapted, though growing weary of her little sister and her shenanigans.She felt safe on the couch for a while. She watched from afar as the chubby little spit up monster wiggled on the floor.
She grew a bit more concerned when Mala started to crawl.
Next came the pulling up, sometimes using dog fur for stability.
Then the walking, and Amelia thought surely this was the worst, she couldn't escape the toddling little monkey that was so intrigued by her, but this was far from the worst.
We are now at a stage of pretend play. Mala "walks" Amelia with anything that resembles a leash, or if that doesn't work she just drags her around by the collar. She dresses her up in crowns, shawls, and blankets...Amelia frozen, not sure how to escape, or if escape is even a possibility.
Her only escape is when her intense stare gets my attention and I put her out in the yard to take out her frustrations by digging holes.
She suffers silently, just staring at me, waiting for me to notice the torture my offspring is putting her through.
I wonder if she worries what stage will be next, lucky for her I'm not sure dogs think much about their future.
Oh Amelia, you are a good dog.
3 comments:
The best, but still very needy!
Can't believe what a good sport she is. I try to let her outside as much a possible. Love you Amelia!
The one of Amelia wearing the tiara and looking disgusted is still my favourite :)
Yikes, I thought it might get better for Kendall and Amelia when these Kumar kids grew up - hmmm...don't think I can break the bad news to our pooch just yet :)
Post a Comment