I was planning on getting completely up to date on my pictures (Christmas) prior to posting about our lives currently, however I can't seem to find the time to sit down and upload tons of photos. While I put off my catch up I keeping thinking of things I want to write and pictures I want to post now. So who cares, I will catch up with Christmas someday. Today's topic:
Letter from mom.
Dear Mala,
You are hard-headed, hot-tempered, stubborn, particular, you refuse to let me help you, impatient, and bossy. All that being said you are loving, nurturing, independent, devoted to figuring things out, meticulous, ambitious, extremely silly, and smart as a whip.
You test my patience daily because you refuse to let me stand in the way of you putting your pants on by yourself even if they are backwards and time and time again two legs go into one leg hole. Some days you drive me crazy because the second I try to help you, you flop to the floor in protest. We go through weeks of frustrations, me constantly redirecting your little feet into the correct shoe, you getting mad because the shoe is complicated to buckle. Then all of the sudden we have days of pure amazement, you push the stool up to the potty, pull down your pants, wipe, flush, pull your pants back up, climb up on the stool at the sink, and wash your hands with soap, all while I stand at the bathroom door watching with a ridiculous grin on my face.
I don't know how you manage to drive me crazy, make me laugh out loud, and melt my heart all in an instant. You cause me endless guilt, worry, nostalgia, anger, gratitude, humiliation, and joy.
I love watching you color, sing songs from Tinkerbelle, talk to your baby doll, dress yourself in varieties of tutus, rainboots, hats, and sunglasses. I love waking up in the mornings listening to you sing and talk to your stuffed animals. I love that your daddy drives you crazy just like he drives me crazy, but you still adore him and talk about him all day long.
While I think you have your dad's memory (thank goodness not mine), you have my personality...sensitive, but spunky, independent, but vulnerable. I hope I can nurture all of your strengths and have patience with our differences. I'm truly blessed.
3 comments:
Wow- you captured her essence perfectly (not any easy thing to do in words!). Love you both very very much. xxx
Wow- you captured her essence perfectly (not any easy thing to do in words!). Love you both very very much. xxx
Made me cry Jo. Can't believe how she is so much like you were at that age.
Post a Comment